Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Evicting exboyfriend

What rights do I have in trying to remove my ex-boyfriend, whom I have a child with from my home in Texas?

Asked on 11/12/05, 12:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Evicting exboyfriend

If he is on the lease/mortgage, and there has been no family violence, then it will be extremely difficult. If you own the house you will have to petition the court for a partition of the of the property. If he is not on the lease/mortgage, and you have no lease agreement with him then you can petition for an eviction or for an injuction enjoining him from the property. If there has been family violence, then you ask the court for a restraining order, and injunction barring him from the property. If there has been family violence twice recently, you can get a protective order through the district attorney's office. TCL

Read more
Answered on 11/12/05, 7:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now