Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Evicting exboyfriend

What rights do I have in trying to remove my ex-boyfriend, whom I have a child with from my home in Texas?

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm

Re: Evicting exboyfriend

If he is on the lease/mortgage, and there has been no family violence, then it will be extremely difficult. If you own the house you will have to petition the court for a partition of the of the property. If he is not on the lease/mortgage, and you have no lease agreement with him then you can petition for an eviction or for an injuction enjoining him from the property. If there has been family violence, then you ask the court for a restraining order, and injunction barring him from the property. If there has been family violence twice recently, you can get a protective order through the district attorney's office. TCL

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas