Texas  |  Family Law

My ex-daughter in law refuses to bring the kids back for their Dad's summer time with them. According to the Court Order, he has them for 42 days in the summer and she has them 1 weekend. She picked them up after 2 weeks and isn't bringing them back! They live 6 hrs away! He lives with us. What are his options? Btw, we live in Texas.

Answered on: 7/09/13, 3:16 pm by Bob Leonard

First, it the order a Texas order? If so, then it will be enforced in the county of the order unless properly transferred. If it is an out-of-state order, then your son should contact a local attorney in that state.

If it is a Texas order, then your son should file a motion for contempt for violating the court order. He should ask for her to bring the child, for additional "make-up" time, and for attorney fees.

If it is a Texas order, I would be happy to talk to him. I practice in Parker, Johnson, and Tarrant Counties and live in Parker County.

Bob Leonard Law Group, PLLC 101 Summit Avenue, Suite 300 Fort Worth, TX 76102