Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/14/09, 10:27 am

My ex-wife has filed bankruptcy and listed me as a creditor (Child Support). My child support is paid through the Attorney Generals office. I was told by them that becasue she listed me as the creditor instead of the Texas Attorney Generals office that the child support will not become a part of the Bankruptcy (chapter 7) and that all payments and arreas will stay the same. Is this tru

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search