Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/21/13, 9:36 am

My girlfriend currently went through a divorce. In the divorce papers, the father is supposed to have the kids from Sunday evening to

Thursday evening. He's threatening to take the kids tonight and not bring them back. He also saying that if she doesn't bring the kids, she will be in contempt. She doesn't know what to do. Any advice?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/21/13, 10:36 am by Keith Engelke

She needs to comply with what the divorce decree says to do. Otherwise he can sue her to enforce the decree and the court can hold her in contempt. If he does not bring the kids back, she can do the same.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of S. Keith Engelke 2313 Lockhill Selma Road #224 San Antonio, TX 78230

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search