Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Is it hard to change my

Daughters last name

To mines after me and her dad divorce?

Asked on 8/30/13, 9:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Henderson Kevin Henderson Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The process itself is not hard but you have to involve her dad in it. If he consents to the name change then there should be no problem. If he refuses to consent then you have a contested lawsuit on your hands. I tried one of these in Travis County a couple of years ago and wasn't able to get the name change granted because of the other parent's opposition.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/13, 8:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now