Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/30/13, 5:02 pm

My husband and I were just married and we want him to adopt my 6 year old daughter. Her father has never been around and at this time I have no idea where he might be. We are unable to afford an attorney and want to know the steps and what petition papers we would need to file with the courts to start the adoption process and what to expect. I have already placed an ad in the local newspaper where his known location was and have it ordered to run for 4 weeks trying to get in touch with him to notify him of the future adoption plans and to contact me if he wants to stop it it. Can you please point me in the right direction.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search