Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/10/11, 11:33 am

My husband and I are currently separated but still legally married. He and a one night stand have a child, with whom he has joint custody of. The child's biological mother has not seen the child in over four years but she still has papers stating she has joint custody. The child is 11 years old and lives with me not her father. The biological mom has moved to our city and is starting a lot of problems now and the 11 year old does not want to see her. I have been a part of this child's life since birth and have been the primary caregiver since my husband gained custody when the child was 3. I love this child deeply and will do anything possible to maintain our current living situation. I just do not want to "rock the boat", make the wrong move and lose this child. Should I get a lawyer for the child? This child wants to live with me, calls me mom. I have been this child's cheerleader. I support this child's dreams and goals, I attend the school functions. I am the mama!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search