Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

joint child custody

I failed to receive notice for a custody hearing and did not appear in count. The mother of my son received sole custody as a result. Can I file to regain joint custody? She is telling me it's final and there's nothing I can do.

Asked on 10/10/07, 1:09 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: joint child custody

It might be final, but that doesn't make it permanent. It may not be final - if the notice was not proper, or if the ruling is recent, it might be possible to set it aside. Other issues may allow you to reopen, or file a new modification. Retain a lawyer to review your file to see what your options are. There may be time-sensitive issues, so act promptly. Good luck.

Read more
10/10/07, 8:05 am
John Pfister, Jr. Pfister & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: joint child custody

There are potentially a number of responses for you. The best is if you are able to file a motion for new trial within 30 days of the order being signed. consult an attorney quickly.

Read more
10/10/07, 9:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88333 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now