Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/26/13, 1:05 pm

What are legal guradian mothers rights as a parent if the father wants to take then away

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/26/13, 3:51 pm by Chase Hague

It depends on if there is a court order and the reasons the father is choosing to take them away. If there is no child custody order in place, then the mother should initiate a legal proceeding called a "Suit Affecting the Parent Child Relationship" to define the parents' rights. You should contact an attorney for this issue. Many offer free initial consultations.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Law Office of Chase P. Hague 5960 Wexford Brook San Antonio, TX 78240

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search