Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/26/13, 6:29 am

I live in Texas with my fiance and her 5 yr old son. Child support was established in Florida with her ex. Will our marriage affect the amount of child support owed? Also, does our marriage affect the responsibility of her ex? Meaning, is her ex still responsible to pay child support until a certain age?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/26/13, 10:19 am by Thomas Daley

You raised a couple of issues:

(1) Will your marriage affect the amount of child support owed? NO

(2) Does your marriage affect her ex's responsibilities? NO. He will still have to pay child support until the child is 18 or graduates from high school.

Congrats on your pending marriage.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Power Daley PLLC 17480 Dallas Parkway Ste 101 Dallas, TX 75287

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search