Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Marriage Issues

Hi!

My husband married me from India and got me here. After coming here he said that he doesn't have any attraction for me and won't have any physical attraction for me. He doesn't need me any more. What can be done since he has ruined my life and I cannot go back to India with a divorce. I won't be able to face anyone there.

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm

Re: Marriage Issues

Consider your options slowly and carefully. If you have legal permanent residence, it is only conditional for the first two years, and if you divorce, in many circumstances, during that two years, you could lose your status and be forced to return. If divorce or annulment is the only option, then plan carefully to be able to remain in the US and start a life on your own. Retain an attorney who has immigration and family law expertise, so that you are protected.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas