Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/07/10, 3:27 pm

I am not married but my boyfriend and I have lived together for 6 years now. I was awarded some money when we first met and I gifted the money to him for a down payment on our house. The loan is in his name but I've given him the money to make the payments all these years. My name is on the house but not on the loan. Now the realationship is over and he is refusing and leave the house and we are both wanting custody of our 6 year old child. What can I do get the house and custody of the child? I also need to add that I can't claim common law due to the fact that I am still currently married to another man who I've been separated from for many years now.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search