Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

What happens if I got married to a woman based on the fact that she was pregnant and claimed the child was mine. Come to find out thru a DNA test 6 months after the birth (I signed the birth certificate) the child is not mine. Now my "wife" is having another kid by the same man and refused to give me a divorce. What do I do

Asked on 5/09/13, 10:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Henderson Kevin Henderson Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to contact a family law attorney right away. There is a statute that deals with this situation but it has time limits. As a married couple, you are the presumed father of the unborn child and because you acknowledged paternity you are the acknowledged father of the first-born. You are looking at a divorce filing with a determination of non-paternity on one or both kids. This isn't a do it yourself situation. You're going to need an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/13, 9:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now