Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

What happens if I got married to a woman based on the fact that she was pregnant and claimed the child was mine. Come to find out thru a DNA test 6 months after the birth (I signed the birth certificate) the child is not mine. Now my "wife" is having another kid by the same man and refused to give me a divorce. What do I do

Kevin Henderson Kevin Henderson Attorney at Law

You need to contact a family law attorney right away. There is a statute that deals with this situation but it has time limits. As a married couple, you are the presumed father of the unborn child and because you acknowledged paternity you are the acknowledged father of the first-born. You are looking at a divorce filing with a determination of non-paternity on one or both kids. This isn't a do it yourself situation. You're going to need an attorney.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas