Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/21/13, 12:28 pm

My nephews mom has been put in jail. The cos said he could go live with his dad. Well now there having trouble getting him in school said they had to show proof that he has custody. What should he do.

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/21/13, 2:12 pm by Fran Brochstein

Go see a family law attorney immediately. Father needs to immediately file for custody with temporary orders. He will get custody so he can register him in school. Mom can be served in jail.

Hire an attorney. Don't try to do it yourself.

I don't know who "cos" is -- did you mean cps - they won't get your legal custody - you need a private attorney to do the paperwork.) You are going to have to pay money to get the paperwork done quickly. You don't have time to wait for a free (pro bono) service.

Good luck!

If you are in the Houston area, email me & I'll send you to someone -- fran@familylaw4u.com

If not, look on this website or on www.avvo.com for an attorney.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney, Arbitrator & Mediator 8978 Kirby Drive Houston, TX 77054

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search