Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Non-compliance of court orders

My exhusband has failed to comply with court orders by failure to: maintain medical insurance for our daughter; pay child support/insurance through wage withholding; pay support in a timely manner, disclose current employer/phone number, and failure to submit to me copies of tax returns annually. If I file contempt charges, will I be responsible for legal fees, or will he have to pay them?

Asked on 7/29/02, 4:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Non-compliance of court orders

You can ask the Judge to order him to pay your attorney's fees. The Judge might order all or part of them paid by your ex-husband.

Best of Luck!

If you live in the Houston area, I offer a free phone consultation at 713-847-6000.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/02, 5:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now