Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/14/13, 9:52 pm

if a parent has a modified possession set up for visitation back in Dec.2011 consisting of 5 steps they have to complete before moving on to normal visitation (which still hasn't completed) and has went a whole yr with only one visit and no contact what so ever aside from the one visit can that parent lose their visitation rights even though they pay $20 to $30 of the $226 they are supposed to pay for child support

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/15/13, 11:34 am by Fran Brochstein

I would suggest that you talk to a local attorney in your county. You might want to just let the current order remain in place and leave it alone. Obviously, the person is not following the court order and not attempting to do what is necessary to be involved in the chid's life.

Eventually you might want to attempt to terminate parental rights if there is a "new daddy" ready, willing and able to step into the "shoes" as daddy. However, this is time consuming and expensive.

You would need to meet with an experienced family law attorney in your county to determine what steps you would need to do this. You would have to be married to the person to accomplish this task.

I have addressed this topic on my old blog several years ago. www.txfamilylaw4u.blogspot.com

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney, Arbitrator & Mediator 8978 Kirby Drive Houston, TX 77054

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search