Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

RE: Parenting Time

How flexible should one be when exchanging parenting time? The ex-wife is saying I'm being stubborn because I won't give her my days without a trade-off. I don't mind a night here, and there, but she is asking for a full week or all of my summer time. I sent her a certified letter earlier this year with my dates. She already tried to hold one of my sons during the first half of my time. She says my seven year old didn't want to come with me, yet when I showed up on the time he ran to my car. The second half starts next week. I don't know what to do with her other than offer to trade days. She wants me to give her all my days and not get any days in return. It's getting to the point that I fear she will withhold my kids during my court appointed parenting time.

Oh, I have my kids about 43% of the time on paper (48% this year as she opted not to take her summer time).

Asked on 7/21/13, 6:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Stick to the court ordered time. It could come back to "bite you". She could come back to court and ask that your time be reduced if you don't take advantage of it.

If you have any questions, pay for an hour of an experienced family law attorney's time.

It sounds like your kids want to see you. Enjoy it. Before you know it, they will be grown & too busy. Enjoy them now!

Good luck!

PS - Document everything in writing.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 9:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now