Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I am petitioning the court for substituted service in a divorce. My husband and I have had no contact for the last 4 years. I had the constable serve him at our last known address. But, the constables office will not prepare an affidavit because I knew it was a bad address for him. All I received was a constables return and hand written notes. Should I attach this in place of the Affidavit? Or, should I prepare an affidavit by myself explaining the circumstances of the abandonment and no contact within the last 4 years with myself or any of his family members by him?

I have paid an attorney to draft the documents for em. Although, he seems to be having trouble with the Rule 106 Motion.

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm

You need the affidavit. If you knew it was a bad address and have not taken further steps to ascertain the correct address then you have not satisfied the conditions to receive substituted service.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas