Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I am petitioning the court for substituted service in a divorce. My husband and I have had no contact for the last 4 years. I had the constable serve him at our last known address. But, the constables office will not prepare an affidavit because I knew it was a bad address for him. All I received was a constables return and hand written notes. Should I attach this in place of the Affidavit? Or, should I prepare an affidavit by myself explaining the circumstances of the abandonment and no contact within the last 4 years with myself or any of his family members by him?

I have paid an attorney to draft the documents for em. Although, he seems to be having trouble with the Rule 106 Motion.

Asked on 7/15/13, 11:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need the affidavit. If you knew it was a bad address and have not taken further steps to ascertain the correct address then you have not satisfied the conditions to receive substituted service.

Read more
Answered on 8/01/13, 10:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now