Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

How can I prevent my wife from taking my kids out of the state. I already filed dor temp custody and a xonstable told me who ever files first gets the kids .temporarily of course

Asked on 5/31/13, 5:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

"Whoever files first gets the kids"? That's not true.

Check your papers to see if there is a "standing order" attached. If there is, read it carefully (nobody ever does).

If there's no standing order: You need to file a counter-petition and ask the Court to order her not to take the children out of state. And ask for temporary custody, while you're at it.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/13, 6:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now