Texas  |  Family Law

I'm Pro Se in my divorce. My husband's attorney submitted our temporary orders before I had a chance to sign them. I was scheduled to sign them at 430 which I did and they submitted them at noon. Is that LEGAL????

Answered on: 6/29/13, 8:57 am by Fran Brochstein

I don't know what you live in.

In Harris County, the judge has a deadline for entry of orders. The time and date is entered on the docket sheet - which is available for anyone to look at - if you go to the courtroom and look at the file.

Since you signed the temporary orders they are obviously fine so you have nothing to complain about.

On the other hand, I think his attorney should have used normal courtesy and kept you informed. It appears that somehow communication "fell between the cracks".

I would encourage you to immediately retain legal counsel.

Look on this website and on www.avvo.com for an attorney. Most take payment plans. You don't need the most expensive lawyer around.

I might suggest you call a newly licensed attorney, Donnica Blackful at 713-807-9405. She offices in Patricia Bushman's office. She is building her new practice. See if she will go to your county.

Good luck!

Attorney, Arbitrator & Mediator 8978 Kirby Drive Houston, TX 77054