Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

If I don't put my child's fathers's name on the birth certificate, will I still be able to receive child support from him?

Asked on 5/07/12, 3:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

We need more information.

Were you and the father ever married? If not, has paternity ever been adjudicated?

Generally, the name on a birth certificate has nothing to do with liability for the payment of child support.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/12, 2:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now