Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Relocation and Custody

I do not have a geo restriction in my decree final last sept--name removed--My ex agreed to let my girls and I move to Oregon. We are settled here since October 5. He now wants to try to force me to move back on a whim--name removed--Can he do this? A judge wont allow him to yank the kids from their life here--name removed--They are settled and stable. He also said that 1 year and 1 day he can file for full custody--name removed--Is this true--name removed--Can I get Oregon jurisdiction? Help!

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm

Re: Relocation and Custody

He can ask for custody in a Texas court -- but that doesn't mean he will get it. You should consult with an Oregon attorney, to see if the case can be moved.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas