Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/26/13, 7:12 pm

I have requested a child support modification after six years being divorced. My son is autistic and has special needs. Does this make a difference in the modification? Ex: My ex husband does do the every other weekend visitation, but when my son is sick he has never taken off work to stay with him. I have almost lost my job because of this. He has never been to his school, doesn't know who his pediatrician is or what day care he goes to. I feel this should make a difference because there have been many times I do not get paid if I miss a day of work if my son is sick. He is supposed to have him the month of July, but only keeps him every weekend in July - I have to pay day care expenses for that month which is a lot for me. I only want what is fair and what is best for my son.

The Attorney General's office has calculated an extra 150/month. I am not sure if I should agree or not. I am not sure what to do or if I should get an attorney involved. I of course cannot afford an attorney.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search