Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My sister passed away without a will. She was never married nor has any children. She has a savings account with no living beneficiary. She has five living siblings. How do I proceed to acquire this to share with my siblings since I was our Mothers Executor & Trustee of her Estate?

Kevin Henderson Kevin Henderson Attorney at Law

In my experience, the best way is to talk with the bank and find out what they want in order to pay out or transfer the funds in the account. It may be as simple as completing an affidavit or it may require a court order formally determining your sister's heirs. The fact that you acted as an executor for your mother doesn't have anything to do with your sister's estate.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas