Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My sister & I were raised by a family friend. For me, from age 2 to adulthood. For my sister, from age 8 mo. to adulthood. To us they are mom and dad. My mother deceased in 1994. My father has since remarried and is now in a nursing home with Alzheimers. Do we have any legal rights regarding his care if he never adopted me or my sister?

Asked on 5/29/13, 9:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Daley Power Daley PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Probably not. You could ask the probate court to appoint you as his guardian, which would give you rights.

Read more
Answered on 5/29/13, 7:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now