Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Is it possible for me to sue my ex husband for my legal bills that I have incurred because of him and that I can not afford to pay? Our case was over and done with last March.

Asked on 8/28/09, 3:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

That depends upon whether the terms of the decree obligate him to pay these bills. If so, then file a Petition for Enforcement. If these expenses were incurred subsequent to the divorce, and unrelated to the divorce, you will have to file a lawsuit, and be prepared to establish a legal basis for holding him liable.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/09, 8:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now