Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I am taking care of my mentally challanged brother and need to know what my rights are. I would like to know if I need to be the power of attorney or be his guardian? Our older brother is trying to get him from me and has tried taking care of him in the past and does not see to it that he takes his meds. or goes to all his doctors visits. I just would like to know what the best thing for me and my brother to do?

Kevin Henderson Kevin Henderson Attorney at Law

If your brother is an adult you will need to be appointed as his guardian. I am assuming here that he is not capable of signing a power of attorney. You should consult with an attorney in your area who is familiar with guardianships. This isn't a do-it-yourself project.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas