Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Type your question here...I am 17 and wanting to move out. My parents keep telling me that if i leave they can report me as a runaway and my bf and his family will go to jail for harboring a runaway (hes 18) Is this true? Some of my friends are telling me that my parernts cant do anything. There are so many answers to this i'm starting to get really confused and i dont want to get him in trouble. Can you please email me and let me know what i can and can not do.

Asked on 10/13/09, 11:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Keith Engelke Law Office of S. Keith Engelke
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your parents are right. They have a legal duty to keep you in school. If you don't the only way they can get out of being charged with violating the truancy laws is to report you as a runaway.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/09, 6:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now