Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Type your question here...I am 17 and wanting to move out. My parents keep telling me that if i leave they can report me as a runaway and my bf and his family will go to jail for harboring a runaway (hes 18) Is this true? Some of my friends are telling me that my parernts cant do anything. There are so many answers to this i'm starting to get really confused and i dont want to get him in trouble. Can you please email me and let me know what i can and can not do.

Keith Engelke Law Office of S. Keith Engelke

Your parents are right. They have a legal duty to keep you in school. If you don't the only way they can get out of being charged with violating the truancy laws is to report you as a runaway.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas