Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/21/01, 11:06 pm

Visitation out of state when mother is against it.

I live in Illinois. My daughter is with her mother in the Austin, TX area. I have not seen my daughter for over 8 years because her mother won't let me near her. My daughter has contacted me and would like to see me but her mother would not approve. My daughter will be 13 in March. I have no Final Decree of Divorce. I would like to fly her to Omaha, NE where her aunt/my sister lives for two weeks this summer. What do I need to do to petition the court from where I am and how do I go about it? Thanks!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search