Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

How will child support work, I live in hawaii with 2 kids and the ex lives in texas. Hawaii has residential jurisdiction due to the kids being with me for 6 straight months. The dad has only lived in texas. Will child support only be determined from texas or will jurisdiction fall in hawaii as well? If so cld my attorneys here in hawaii handle texas child support, or wld I have to get an attorney in texas? Or is it up to the judge???

Asked on 9/24/13, 10:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Child custody and support will be handled by the state and county where the children reside.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/13, 12:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now