Texas  |  Medical Leave

Maternity Leave

I am 34 weeks pregnant and currently working at a pretty bad place. I've been there for 3 years and have been ''used and abused''. I work long hours and I have not been compensated for my efforts. I do not like my workplace or employers, I looked for a new job and got a job offer at the exact same time I found out I was pg. Needless to say, I didn't think it would be wise or fair to accept a new job w/ a baby on the way.

I really do not plan on returning to my current workplace, but I cannot afford to tell them and risk not getting the benefits (insurance & pay). My employer does not have maternity leave, but I am forced to use my vacation and sick days (8 weeks). If I return for a week or so and then turn in my two weeks notice would I be at risk for being sued for medical benefits or paid leave?