Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

I am trying to figure out how do i go about filing a small claim against someone?

Asked on 12/03/12, 2:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you want to file it yourself, just go down to your local Justice of the Peace office. In Baytown its at 701 W Baker Rd. Ask for the Civil Department Clerk

If it is a debt or contract claim, you can get an Attorney to represent you all the way to a Jury Trial if needed for a few hundred dollars as they will try to get paid in the Court Judgment award of attorneys fees against defendant. For little stuff, the Harris County Smalls claims courts have a great website with forms and instructions... search on Google.

If you need a Lawyer, just let me know. I also do Attorney Demand Letters for only $99!

Sometimes, just a law firm letter is enough to get it solved.

Good Luck, Edward Kazaleh EMAIL : [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 12/03/12, 5:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now