Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

Mechanic got in a wreck with my car. How do I get someone to pay?

I took my car to a local oil change shop to have it inspected and it ended up totaled. When the shop was testing emmisions, the mechanic ran it off the dyno and messed up the alignment. When I told them about it, a manager took it for a test drive. He chose a very busy public parking lot. A lady ran a ''STOP'' painted in the parking lot aisle and ''T-Boned'' my car, totaling it. Now her insurance is disputing responsibility and the corperation that owns the lube station is not providing me with answers. I'm paying for a rented car, tow bill, etc. My insurance was for liability only, so I have no representation in the matter. Can I take them to court? What could I expect as a fair settlement? My stand is that I entrusted my car to this company and they should be liable. A quick response would be greatly appreciated.

Brandon Manus Manus Law Office

Re: Mechanic got in a wreck with my car. How do I get someone to pay?

From the facts you've given, you have a valid claim against the business. If the insurance company refuses to pay, you need an attorney.

Peter Bradie Bradie, Bradie & Bradie

You have the right law. If the car is worth less than $5,000, you can sue the business in Small Claims. If over $5,000 by even a penny, you need a lawyer to take it up in a higher court.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms