Texas  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/23/02, 10:14 pm

Mechanic got in a wreck with my car. How do I get someone to pay?

I took my car to a local oil change shop to have it inspected and it ended up totaled. When the shop was testing emmisions, the mechanic ran it off the dyno and messed up the alignment. When I told them about it, a manager took it for a test drive. He chose a very busy public parking lot. A lady ran a ''STOP'' painted in the parking lot aisle and ''T-Boned'' my car, totaling it. Now her insurance is disputing responsibility and the corperation that owns the lube station is not providing me with answers. I'm paying for a rented car, tow bill, etc. My insurance was for liability only, so I have no representation in the matter. Can I take them to court? What could I expect as a fair settlement? My stand is that I entrusted my car to this company and they should be liable. A quick response would be greatly appreciated.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search