Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

Hi, I am on 2 yrs marriage based conditional green card. It will expire on next july. Unfortunately I am divorced. How can I maintain my status and live here permanently?

Asked on 8/17/11, 3:38 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Attorney Caro Kinsella Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Self petition using the I-751 as a waiver

Read more
Answered on 8/17/11, 3:42 pm
Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can self-petition now as you are already divorced. It is important to show that the marriage was a bona fide marriage when it was entered into, but as indicated you can self-petition to remove the conditions on your residence based on a divorce. There can be any reason for the divorce; a show of abuse is not required.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email [email protected] for guidance.

Read more
Answered on 8/17/11, 5:05 pm
Isaul Verdin Verdin Law Firm, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

My colleagues are correct, you need to file an I-751 waiver.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/11, 4:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now