Texas  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/25/06, 2:57 pm

Legal Status Question

Hello Law Gurus

I am international student. I have a question about my legal status in America.

I came here in Student visa ( F1) , finished my study, finished my OPT and Over stayed in USA. During that time I got married to American Citizen. Marriage did not lasted long and got divorced in 6 month period. I did not filed for residency or work permit during that time as I was pretty much sure we will be staying together. Now I do not know how I can be back in legal status gain. I am recently divorced( less then a month ). Is there any way I can get back on legal status, may be F1 or H1. Is there any one can and willing to help?

Any kind of advice and suggestion is appreciated

Thank you for your time and considering


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search