Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

My wife petition on green card base in 2010 and due to visa retrogress I got interview in Jan 2011 and issue a work permit. Now I got my green card in Nov 2012 for 10 yrs. so when should I eligible for citizenship? After this November or I should have to wait for 3 yrs?

Asked on 6/24/13, 12:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you received permanent residence through marriage to a U.S. citizen (and are still married to a US citizen), then you are eligible to apply for US citizenship 2 years and 9 months after the approval date of your initial green card.

You may find more information on naturalization on my web site here:

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 4:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now