Legal Question in Employment Law in Texas

Retaliation, slander by former employer

I went to work for a mortage co. as a loan officer; the pay was by commission. I submitted a loan from an investor in Ca. which was approved by employer & a mortgage buyer. When paperwork was sent to a mortgage buyer; they would not buy the note stating that rules had changed due to situation in mortgage industry. Employer blamed me, refused to pay me my commission (on other bus.) When I asked to be paid, I was fired. Empl. then called all my customers, clients & real estate cos. & told them I was sneaky,incompetent, untrustworthy, a liar, trying to ruin the company. Called Austin & told another co. not to pay me my commissions, that I had ''made up'' the investor in Ca. They have assasinated my character. and ruined my reputation as a loan officer. They even ''googled'' the investor in ca. saying they didn't believe he existed. Do I have a case against this company? Clients, customers & agents say they will submit statements to back up my allegations.

Daniel Ross Ross Law Group

Re: Retaliation, slander by former employer

You need to talk to a good employment attorney asap. We would be happy to set up an appointment. You can email me at dbr@rosslawpc.com. Our office is in Austin.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Texas

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms