Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Texas

I leased farmland for cattle grazing and planting cattle feed. We have a lease agreement signed ,dated and notarized. It specifically states that it is forbidden to sub lease this farmland. Well he sublet part of the property and I found out. What are my rights as the lessor/owner? Can I sue him? Run them off? Call the sheriff? What do I need to do? In Texas. Thanks!

Asked on 5/05/13, 7:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can do whatever the contract says you can do - which is probably terminate the contract and force him to leave. You will probably have to evict him by filing in the local justice of the peace court. It is not a crime but a civil matter.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 10:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now