Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Texas

We did not move into a house due to the landlord's failure to make it ready-after the lease was signed. He refuses to give us our deposit back. He said he would make it ready but he did not. It is not in writing. Are we entitled to receive our money back?

Asked on 3/01/13, 12:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. Sue him in Justice Court. You can go online and find out how to do it (you'll need to sue in the right Court).

Read more
Answered on 3/05/13, 2:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now