Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Texas

I am moving out of state and have to break my lease. There is a new renter that will be moving in the day after I leave. Also, I found this new renter so there was no cost to the landlord. He still wants to charge me a re-letting fee. Can he do this? I have asked him for an itemized statement of re-letting expenses but he has stated he will not provide. I would be willing to pay the expenses he actually incurred, i.e. credit report check, but an entire months rent as a re-letting fee seems a bit excessive. Is there anything I can do?

Asked on 7/03/13, 7:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends on what your lease states.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/13, 12:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88693 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now