Texas  |  Legal Malpractice

Hi,

I bought a 2003 Nissan Altima 3 months ago which showed 78000 miles in odometer from a used car dealer in Houston. He showed me an autocheck report and all the data seemed fine. The contract that I have with the dealer also shows the mileage as 78000.

A few days ago, I took the car out to get the oil change done at the Nissan dealership. The people over at the dealership told me that when the last time the service was done, the mileage of the car was 89000 miles.

I called up the dealer who sold me the car and told him regarding this.

He said that he got the car the lower mileage and it was there in the title that he received from the previous owner. He also says that there is nothing I can do about it.

I am not sure how to tackle this. What are my options? How can I get the correct mileage? Will it be a crime if I sell this car? Any help would be deeply appreciated.