Texas  |  Personal Injury

7 months ago my husband was in an intersection accident w/ no cameras or witnesses, the officer determined no one at fault. On the way to work my husband was going straight thru a green light, on the opposite side, the lady just got off work (at night, the time was 6am), sat thru her green left turn signal, & turned left on a regular green straight light, resulting in her hitting my husband.

Both ins co claimed not at fault. Her ins co is coming after ours for damages, and our co is trying to get damages from them. we just heard that the companies are going to mitigation and it could take another year. we cant afford to get the car fixed in a shop, but are we allowed to try to fix it ourselves, or sell the car to help get another one? would that cause legal issues w/ the case if we have messed w/ the car or do not have the car anymore?