Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

Hi... Approx 5 years ago my wife suffered a fall at work... She was carrying a stack of papers down a flight of stairs and slipped. The fall resulted in 5 herniated discs in her back along with neck/shoulder pain & stiffness. She is in pain day & night ever since the fall. She didn't go for workers comp at the time for fear if losing her job, but regrets it now as her workplace never allowed her to return to work as a light duty worker. Is there ANYTHING she can do now or is she way passed the time limits for a lawsuit?

Roger Merrill Merrill & Associates

Personal injury claims in TX have a 2 year statute of limitation for adults. If she was younger than 18 at the time, then the period of time is extended. Workers' Compensation claims have specific requirements re reporting. She probably waived that claim by not filing for it. Also, I expect the time for it has passed as well. You may want to speak to someone who handles Comp claims (something I don't do) just to make sure there's nothing you can do.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas

Frank NatoliNatoli-Lapin, LLCNew York, NY