Texas  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/14/06, 5:25 am

Auto accident, need to know about judgement caps & enforcement for judgements.

On 7.11.05 my husband and I were in an auto accident that totalled our car. Our auto insurance paid off our car, but I lost my job and have had physical therapy and electro stimulation, and a steroid injection in my back for a herniated disk and problems with my hips. None of the treatments have done anything to help, and I constantly take pain medication - I am miserable all the time and my family is suffering.

We have a lawyer, but he is giving us the run-around on ballpark $$$ figures. Our health insurance wants to be paid back, and our bills total over $30,000. so far. My husband has soft-tissue damage, but I am seriously injured. My life has been completely changed by this and I cannot do 80-90% of what I used to do.

Our UnderIns. Motorist combined with the girl who hit us insurance combined is $75,000. What happens if that isn't enough to compensate for everything? If we go to trial and win a larger judgement than her insurance will cover, what happens?

I know that we could sue for more, but that doesn't mean we'll get it. Are judgements against ins. companies enforced? I am not sueing for millions of $$$, but I want to be sure that all is taken care of in case I cannot work again.

Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search