Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

who do I contact for colonoscopy perforation and misdiagnosis of pain for 10 days in texas

Asked on 6/13/13, 7:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roger Merrill Merrill & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can contact an attorney practicing medical malpractice. Note that these claims are difficult and expense to pursue. Accordingly, most attorneys are reluctant to take them unless the liability is clear and/or the damages are high. Perforation is a risk with colonoscopies, especially with older patients. It may not be malpractice. To establish malpractice, you will have to get a copy of your medical records and then have a doctor, who does colonoscopies, review them to determine whether the care you received was below the standard of care. So, it will probably require more than $1,000 or $2,000 to see whether or not you have an arguable claim. Most attorneys will not be willing to risk such $, unless the potential reward justifies it. The responsible doctor will say its not malpractice and his insurance company will have an expert to back him on it.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/13, 7:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now