Texas  |  Personal Injury

i have an important question. I had a accident where a 1 ton 4X4 truck rear ended me. They settled with me at a very low rate for my car. They said I could get it partially repaired. I'm sure the medical will be the same if I don't get an attorney because due to no health insurance I have been paying for ct scan, chiro appts and MDs out of pocket. I have had neck and head pain ever since my wreck one month ago. I need help but was wondering if some trouble that I got in 24 years ago will be brought up. I have a professional licence and cant jepordize it. I think it was a dui in 89. Will this issue come up in a deposition or when being questioned by the other side?

Answered on: 3/02/13, 5:18 pm by Ken Gober (Austin TX)

Even after paying a portion to an attorney for their fee, on average a person will "pocket" more money to pay for pain and suffering if they have a lawyer than if they don't have a lawyer.

I handle these types of claims all the time for clients across Texas. I am happy to offer a free consultation : 512-827-7548 (rings to my cell phone and office) ...don't hesitate to call me outside of normal business hours. Be very careful trying to negotiate with insurance companies all by yourself...they have many little trick that can make a huge difference in the value of your claim.

Lee, Gober & Reyna 11824 Jollyville Road, Suite 302 Austin, TX 78759

Answered on: 3/02/13, 6:04 pm by David Leon

To answer your question, a conviction for DUI 20+ years ago would not be relevant, so yes, you can keep it out. It could come up in a deposition, but it's likely not coming up at a trial. Many of these cases settle pre-trial anyway. And yes, you need to get a lawyer, asap.

For more information, please visit our website:

http://leonlaw.com

Also, please read our disclaimer:

http://leonlaw.com/disclaimer/

David L. Leon, P.C. 3500 Oak Lawn Ave., Ste. 205 Dallas, TX 75219