Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

My son was backing out of a parking space on a one way street. He waited on a vehicle to pass, then slowly began to back out. The vehicle that passed him decided to back up for a parking space. As my son noticed him backing up, he stopped and honked his horn. The driver didnt stop and hit our vehicle. At the scene the driver admitted fault. Now his insurance company doesnt want to pay our claim because they say that he had the right of way. Who exactly is at fault? Do we have any recourse?

Asked on 9/07/12, 5:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your son should sue the driver of the other car, and mail a copy of the petition to the guy's insurance company. That should get their attention.

Who is at fault? Let the courts decide.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/12, 4:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now