Texas  |  Personal Injury

My son was injured in a motorcycle accident in August. The man that hit him was cited for failure to yield the right of way causing serious bodily injury and was taken to jail for suspended/expired drivers license. Later we found out the car he was driving belonged to his sister and was not insured. My son almost died, he had to be flown to the trauma center and had emergency surgery to control the bleeding. He has a long list of injuries. He has had multiple surgeries, spent a month in the hospital and is having more surgery this month. This happened five days after his 31st birthday. He has two rods, two plates and twenty seven screws holding him together. The only part of his body that did not have a broken bone was his left leg and is still in severe pain.

We are being told that since there was no insurance on the car and this is Texas there is nothing we can do. This guy deserves more than a $200. ticket.

Do we have any options?