Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

assignment question

I want to invest in real estate by wholesaling properties without taking possession. I want to negotiate a purchase contract and ''assign it'' to another investor/buyer. Is this legal in Texas? Am I allowed to collect an assignment fee for locating the property?

Asked on 1/13/09, 12:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cheryl Rivera Smith The Smith Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: assignment question

Yes and yes. But don't use deceptive trade practices.

Read more
Answered on 1/15/09, 9:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now