Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

I bought a house with an ex boyfriend (house is in my name only), we fixed it up together, he did the labor, I paid for materials. We broke up 3 years ago (he moved out). I'm trying to sell the house, does he have any rights to any money if there is a profit?

Asked on 10/03/13, 7:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you were not married (even common law), then it depends on your agreement. If his work on the house was in exchange for getting to live there, then he is owed nothing. If the agreement was that any profit would be split, then that is the agreement. (If he is not around and not trying to get any money, I would not worry about it.)

Read more
Answered on 10/03/13, 10:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now